Drugs come in many forms and can be administered in many different ways. They also have other effects on the mind and body. Symptoms can range from being stimulated or having feelings of relaxation and many various symptoms in between. Drugs can also last longer or shorter than others, depending on the type of drug and the administration.
Crack Cocaine originates from a plant and differs in forms and ways it can be ingested. Crack Cocaine can come in a powdered form called Cocaine and Crack, which is a solid form. They are both cocaines, so they are the same, but they look different, feel different, depending on the administration, and are sometimes viewed differently socially, but both are dangerous.
Table of Contents
Crack Cocaine is a Quick and Dangerous High
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIH), Crack Cocaine is a powerfully addictive stimulant drug made from the leaves of the coca plant native to South America. Although health care providers can use it for valid medical purposes, such as local anesthesia for some surgeries, recreational cocaine use is illegal. As a street drug, cocaine looks like a fine, white crystal powder. Street dealers often mix it with things like cornstarch, talcum powder, or flour to increase profits.
They may also mix it with other stimulant amphetamine or synthetic opioids, including fentanyl. Adding synthetic opioids to cocaine is especially risky when people using cocaine don’t realize it contains this dangerous additive. Increasing numbers of overdose deaths among cocaine users might be related to this tampered cocaine.
More About Getting High on Crack Cocaine
When you start feeling the effects and how long you feel them, crack cocaine varies and depends solely on how the drug is ingested. Let’s take a look at the different ways it’s consumed and how long the high lasts.
- Injecting Crack Cocaine – the onset of injecting cocaine is 10 to 15 seconds, and the high lasts from 5 to 15 minutes.
- Snorting Crack Cocaine – the onset of snorting cocaine is 1 to 3 minutes, and the high lasts from 15 to 30 minutes.
- Gumming Crack Cocaine – gumming cocaine is eating it or rubbing it on your gums. The onset of gumming cocaine is 1 to 3 minutes, and the high lasts for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Smoking Crack Cocaine – the onset of smoking crack cocaine is 10 to 15 seconds, and the high lasts for 5 to 15 minutes.
The methods that get cocaine into your system or bloodstream faster allow the drug to wear off more quickly. The high and euphoria of smoking crack cocaine are very hard and very fast, making it one of the most psychologically addicting drugs. Once the high wears off, the drug leaves you craving more and more of it. Often, you will hear people say that they continue to smoke crack cocaine, trying to achieve that initial high and euphoria that they got when they took that first hit, and they are never able to obtain it.
Get the Help You Need
Our cocaine detox center in West Palm Beach, Florida, embraces the updated mindset that treats addiction as a disease of the brain. People who are addicted to cocaine require empathy and respect. There is not one addict who can say they intended to become addicted to cocaine or other drugs. Addiction happens over time and after the drug has altered the brain’s normal functioning. Cocaine addicts are often the first to admit they need help. We have successfully been helping cocaine addicts detox off cocaine and methamphetamine, helping countless individuals achieve long-term recovery.
Allure Detox is available for men, women, and young adults. The admission process begins when we have been contacted directly by you or your loved one. We’re waiting for your phone call around the clock, and our treatment team is standing by to provide a confidential assessment.
How long does a crack high last?
1. Injecting Crack Cocaine – the onset of injecting cocaine is 10 to 15 seconds, and the high lasts from 5 to 15 minutes.
2. Snorting Crack Cocaine – the onset of snorting cocaine is 1 to 3 minutes, and the high lasts from 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Gumming Crack Cocaine – gumming cocaine is eating it or rubbing it on your gums. The onset of gumming cocaine is 1 to 3 minutes, and the high lasts for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Smoking Crack Cocaine – the onset of smoking crack cocaine is 10 to 15 seconds, and the high lasts for 5 to 15 minutes.